Pages

Tuesday 24 May 2016

Parkl life festival 2016

   

After the great success of the Muford and sons concert, I wanted to experience more of these music festival vibes. So I set my sights on the park life festival and bought my ticket two months early, yip very eager. Sharing is caring so I bought a ticket to my friend Dani a month later,she turned out to be to sick to make it, but found a suitable replacement in the end.
 The event start at ten a.m. we arrived somewhere closer to eleven, and got free parking in the venue. When we got there we noticed ,whole families setting up there tents and umbrellas, blankets and fold out chairs if I had known I would have brought some. This was unexpected for me as I've never been to a concert or music event where the whole family attended. Grandparents in their chairs, parents setting up there cozy zones on the grass and child running around hyped up with expectment and covered in sunblock.after this amazing sight we and proceeded straight for the beer tent, which for now was reasonably busy, later on it became expectantly impossible. 
The set up of all the stages was quite impressive, two on either side of the main field and the third in the middle on the upper small field,each angled in just the right position as to not effect the sound of the other. Next we checked out the gourmet food situation, I really should have taken more pics of this as mine don't do it justice. There was a great variety from smoothies, burgers, and fatkoek to Asian dim sum, Spanish paella and a full blown pizza truck with built in pizza oven. My favorite stall and the one I ate at all day was the little pop up stand from Conscious 108, a restaurant based in green side. They are a vegan joint, and offered foods from curries and burgers to their delicious chocolate cake mmmmm... As expected the vegan stall didn't have long lines of people, as the some of the food stalls, even tho their food was just as tasty if not better, but that turned out great for me. 
Back to the music, the bands were great and the atmosphere was amazing, and the later it got the more energetic the crowd seemed to get. The performers put on great shows and as a whole it was a great day, defiantly a must do if you can, the only thing I would change is longer sets for the performers as I just couldn't get enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment